HEALTHIER FOR GOOD PLLC COACHING AGREEMENT
This Agreement is entered into by and between: Megan Melo, Healthier For Good PLLC, (hereafter “Coach”) and individual wishing to enter into a group coaching experience (hereafter “Member”), whereby Coach agrees to provide Group Facilitation Services for Member focusing on the following topics/results/outcomes/goals attached to this Agreement as Schedule A.
Description of Group Work: Group Work is partnership (defined as an alliance, not a legal business partnership) between the Coach and the Members in a thought-provoking and creative process that inspires the Members to maximize personal and professional potential. It is designed to facilitate the creation/development of personal, professional or health goals and to develop and carry out a strategy/plan for achieving those goals.
1) Coach-Member Relationship
- Coach agrees to maintain a high level of ethics and standards of behavior for the duration of the facilitation relationship. This includes maintaining a high level of integrity, working for the benefit of the Members, maintaining confidences as appropriate, ensuring a professional and respectful working relationship between the Coach and the Members, and communicating clearly and honestly.
- Members are solely responsible for creating and implementing his/her own physical, mental and emotional well-being, decisions, choices, actions and results arising out of or resulting from the facilitation relationship and his/her sessions and interactions with the Coach. As such, the Members agree that the Coach is not and will not be liable or responsible for any actions or inaction, or for any direct or indirect result of any services provided by the Coach. Members understand that this group is not therapy and does not substitute for therapy if needed, and does not prevent, cure, or treat any mental disorder or medical disease.
- Member further acknowledges that he/she may terminate or discontinue the coaching/facilitation relationship at any time.
- Member acknowledges that coaching/group is a comprehensive process that may involve different areas of his or her life, including work, finances, health, relationships, education and recreation. The Member agrees that deciding how to handle these issues, incorporate coaching principles into those areas and implementing choices is exclusively the Member’s responsibility.
- Member acknowledges that coaching and groups do not involve the diagnosis or treatment of mental disorders as defined by the American Psychiatric Association or of medical conditions as defined by the American Medical Association and the Washington State Medical Commission. Coaching groups are not to be used as a substitute for counseling, psychotherapy, psychoanalysis, mental health care, substance abuse treatment, or other professional advice by legal, medical or other qualified professionals. It is the Member’s exclusive responsibility to seek such independent professional guidance as needed. If Member is currently under the care of a mental health professional, it is recommended that the Member promptly inform the mental health care provider of the nature and extent of the coaching relationship agreed upon by the Member and the Coach.
- Member further acknowledges that entering Coach-Member relationship does not constitute Physician-Patient relationship, that Coach does not provide any Medical Services to Members, that Coach does not provide any Emergency Services to Members. In the unlikely event that Coach reasonably believes that Member is in imminent danger or presents a threat to others, Member understands and agrees that Coach is obligated to report such fears to the appropriate authority, including, but not limited to the Medical Board of the Member’s state of practice.
- The Member understands that in order to enhance the coaching/facilitation relationship, the Member agrees to communicate honestly, be open to feedback and assistance and to create the time and energy to participate fully in the program.
The parties agree to engage in a Coach-Member relationship that is internet-based. This includes coaching sessions of 50 minutes, or group coaching sessions which may last 60-120 minutes. Coach will be available to Member by email in between scheduled meetings as defined by the Coach.
3) Schedule and Fees
The fee is $1000.00 for 8 session of 90 minutes. Members will be billed at the time of initial registration, and invoices are due upon receipt. This fee schedule applies only to this group.
If rates change before this agreement has been signed and dated, the prevailing rates will apply.
If the coaching relationship is terminated prior to the end of the agreement, Member shall not be relieved of any obligations to pay fees due to Coach solely because of the termination of this agreement.
If Member is unable to attend planned sessions, a recording will be made available to them, but no refunds will be provided outside of extraordinary circumstances as determined by the Coach.
The time of the meetings is determined prior to the Member's registration, and is not expected to be altered. In the event that electronic appointment is not possible, due to technologic or logistical issues, Member will be notified prior to the scheduled session time, and a make-up time will be determined by consensus between Coach and Members.
The Coach will hold all communications in confidence, and expects that all Members will do the same. This is considered necessary due to the personal nature of the work done by Members during the sessions. However, please be aware that the Coach-Member relationship is not considered a legally confidential relationship (like the medical and legal professions) and thus communications are not subject to the protection of any legally recognized privilege. The Coach agrees not to disclose any information pertaining to the Members without the Member’s written consent.
Confidential Information does not include information that: (a) was in the Coach’s possession prior to its being furnished by the Member; (b) is generally known to the public or in the Member’s industry; (c) is obtained by the Coach from a third party, without breach of any obligation to the Members; (d) is independently developed by the Coach without use of or reference to the Member’s confidential information; or (e) the Coach is required by statute, lawfully issued subpoena, or by court order to disclose; (f) is disclosed to the Coach and as a result of such disclosure the Coach reasonably believes there to be an imminent or likely risk of danger or harm to the Member or others, including Member’s patients; and (g) involves illegal activity. The Member also acknowledges his or her continuing obligation to raise any confidentiality questions or concerns with the Coach in a timely manner.
6) Cancellation Policy
Member agrees that it is the Member's responsibility to arrive at the meeting in a timely fashion, and to be in an appropriate location to allow for open discussion amongst members.
7) Record Retention Policy
The Member acknowledges that the Coach has disclosed his/her record retention policy with respect to documents, information and data acquired or shared during the term of the Coach-Member relationship. Such records will be maintained by the Coach in a format of the Coach’s choice (print or digital/electronic) for a period of not less than 4 years.
Either the Member or the Coach may terminate this Agreement at any time with 1-week written notice. Member agrees to forfeit the purchase price if they choose to end their participation with the group.
10) Limited Liability
Except as expressly provided in this Agreement, the Coach makes no guarantees, representations or warranties of any kind or nature, express or implied with respect to the coaching services negotiated, agreed upon and rendered. In no event shall the Coach be liable to the Member for any indirect, consequential or special damages. Notwithstanding any damages that the Member may incur, the Coach’s entire liability under this Agreement, and the Member’s exclusive remedy, shall be limited to the amount actually paid by the Member to the Coach under this Agreement for all coaching/facilitation services rendered through and including the termination date.
11) Member understands, acknowledges and agrees that materials used during this course are proprietary, and for personal use only. Unauthorized copying, distributing or other use of the proprietary materials is strictly prohibited.
12) Entire Agreement
This document reflects the entire agreement between the Coach and the Member, and reflects a complete understanding of the parties with respect to the subject matter. This Agreement supersedes all prior written and oral representations. The Agreement may not be amended, altered or supplemented except in writing signed by both the Coach and the Member.
13) Dispute Resolution
If a dispute arises out of this Agreement that cannot be resolved by mutual consent, the Member and Coach agree to attempt to mediate in good faith for up to 30 days after notice given. If the dispute is not so resolved, any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to this contract or breach thereof, including any dispute relating to services provided, fees, or expenses, shall be settles by arbitration administered in accordance with the Uniform Arbitrations Act and judgement on the award rendered by the arbitrator(s) may be entered in any court having jurisdiction thereof.
If any provision of this Agreement shall be held to be invalid or unenforceable for any reason, the remaining provisions shall continue to be valid and enforceable. If the Court finds that any provision of this Agreement is invalid or unenforceable, but that by limiting such provision it would become valid and enforceable, then such provision shall be deemed to be written, construed, and enforced as so limited.
The failure of either party to enforce any provision of this Agreement shall not be construed as a waiver or limitation of that party's right to subsequently enforce and compel strict compliance with every provision of this Agreement.
15) Applicable Law
This Agreement shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Washington, without giving effect to any conflicts of laws provisions.
16) Binding Effect
This Agreement shall be binding upon the parties hereto and their respective successors and permissible assigns.
Effective April 12, 2022